Any Browser-Enabled Device
Creating an Epic Account
If you do not already have an Epic account, or if your Epic account is not linked with the platform you will be playing on, please follow this link.
Fortnite is available on supported browser-enabled devices for free with Xbox Cloud Gaming. Just make sure you are connected to WiFi and have a Microsoft account (create an account for free here).
Downloading the Xbox Cloud Gaming App (free):
- Launch Safari on your device (e.g., iPhone or iPad)
- Visit the xbox.com/play website.
- Open Fortnite (it should be at the top of the website; if you don’t see it, you can search for it in the games list).
3a. (If prompted, click “Play with Cloud Gaming”)
- Tap “Get Ready to Play” on the next page.
- Follow the onscreen prompt request to add the Xbox Cloud Gaming icon to your Home Screen: Tap Safari’s Share icon (the square with
arrow pointing out at the bottom of your screen), choose “Add to Home Screen” from the actions menu, then tap “Add.”
- Once it’s been added, tap the Cloud Gaming icon on your device’s Home Screen to open the Xbox service in a separate window.
- Select Fortnite as the game you want to play.
- Tap the “Sign In” button and enter a Microsoft account. You don’t need to sign up for an Xbox subscription.
- After you’ve signed in, you’ll be returned to the Fortnite page, where you can tap “Play.” Wait for the game to load, then tap “Press to Start.”
Launching Creative Mode
No matter what platform you’re using, follow these instructions to launch Creative Mode:
- Step 1: In the player lobby where you see your avatar, select the “CHANGE” button above the “PLAY” button on the right side of the screen.
- Step 2: This will bring you into the “DISCOVER” tab. From the top menu, select the “ISLAND CODE” tab.
- Step 3: Enter the Island Code 2678-5325-0723 in the text box to play Tonight at the Rock Powered by Samsung Galaxy!
- Step 4: The details for the Tonight at the Rock map will display. Select “PLAY.”
Optional: Alternatively, you can walk up to any featured island in the Welcome Hub and enter the code there. After a brief moment of loading, the game you’re looking for should appear.